The Wandering Jew

The Wandering Jew
I am Studying Abroad in Liverpool from May 16 to July 15th, and my intent is a photo blog about the amazing sites and my teaching experiences. I am a student (Senior) at Ball State University in Muncie, IN and I am an Elementary/Special Education Major. Oh and in regards to my blog title...i'm jewish and i will be traveling and there is a plant called the wandering jew =D

Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh this Journey Won't End


If this post is confusing, lo siento. I've been writing this since yesterday at 4pm Since i'm still at the airport
PS I"M EXHAUSTED!

So Here we are sitting in the airport with no hope of getting a flight. Stupid Volcano. I can’t believe our luck. So it’s looking like Tuesday or Wednesday. (ENDED UP SATURDAY) So my best friend will be the floor of the Airport. Maybe we’ll get to see Philly, and not be stuck here. Well this isn’t looking so hot, well with great things I guess there are trials too ☹
We finally got a flight out, everyone leaving before 10am, my flight leaves at 4. It’s so stressful, I can’t believe I slept on the Airport floor and now will sit at my terminal for another couple hours while I sit in standby praying a spot on the flight will magically appear. Thankfully I have so many wonderful people keeping my travels in their prayers. Praying is such a foreign concept to me, but so many people really truly believe, there’s got to be something to it.
I feel so alone, sitting in my gate almost 3 hours early. I can not believe that there is no one for me to feel comfort in. I mean literally everyone I know is sleeping, there is hardly anyone in the airport and I cannot reach anyone at this specific time. So here I sit, till 4 pm at the latest, alone and exhausted. I’ve flown by myself a few times, and I am comfortable in silence, it’s just I’ve never been in such a difficult situation all in my own, in a completely different state. It’s still looks like night outside, and the only people in the airport are some employees. I would give so much to be in my bed, with my dog and my family sleeping so close. I wonder how my mom is sleeping, or my dad. They seemed so worried for me, and I think they regret letting me on the trip.
I’m so sick of this announcement about Philadelphia. It’s just the airports welcome but did it have to play while the airport was closed. The only people around were from canceled flights. WE KNOW WHICH CITY WE’RE IN. Watching people walk by, I’m reminded that I need to shower, and I know I look like crap. I feel like I’m on the verge of tears, and I slept so little that I probably resemble one of those people, who you say, what the fuck happened to them.
This old man from Phoenix joined me, and we’re talking about our flight issues. He came from Venice and someone took his luggage, so he missed his flight because some guy mistook the old mans luggage. It was nice to talk to someone, he left to get food. I want to be his age and talk about all my travels and adventures. I mean he saw Antarctica.
So the flight seems like it’s completely booked, and I feel completely deflated. Really what else can they throw at me. I mean really someone in heaven please help me either get home, or make it through with anymore tears.

Oh i know i may seem dramatic, but i'm just exhausted and melodramatic
This is my mommy before I left for my chicago flight at 2pm

1 comment: