The Wandering Jew

The Wandering Jew
I am Studying Abroad in Liverpool from May 16 to July 15th, and my intent is a photo blog about the amazing sites and my teaching experiences. I am a student (Senior) at Ball State University in Muncie, IN and I am an Elementary/Special Education Major. Oh and in regards to my blog title...i'm jewish and i will be traveling and there is a plant called the wandering jew =D

Sunday, June 20, 2010

England

Monday
London was so exciting at first, the weather wasn't all that great, but I was in london. We took at 745 train to arrive in about 10. All 22 of us left and as we were about to leave the station I realized I didn't have my Passport and other belongings and left them on the train.( I am now very paranoid about it and double triple check it all the time). I ran back and searched the entire train, talked to the people in management and finally received my passport back after much panic. Dr. P, Stacy and Sarah waited with me and tried to reassure me my passport was coming back to me. Well after that ordeal we went to our Hotel The Royal National Hotel. It was not worth the Excitement. Emily Sarah, Stacy, April, Erica and Brianne and I split up together and we got lunch in the Blooms Cafe and split a yummy mozzarella and tomato pizza with april. We bought a tour bus ticket and it included a boat tour-freezy but fun. I was so cold but we saw everything! We took pictures on the lions in Trafalgar Square. We walked back to our hotel and stopped off at a italian restaurant called Spagettihouse. I got a pesto dish and a glass of pinot grigio. We then walked the rest of our way. Then it was off to the Icebar. That was such a learning experience. The dang hotel concierge told us to get on the wrong bus and it took us to the ghetto of London. There were kids with pit bulls and kids were screaming on the bus. This man was very serious about us being quiet so we wouldn't get stabbed. We were blessed by this woman who took us to our hotel. She got off on the stop to go home, and she walked us back to our hotel. She went at LEAST an hour out of her way. She was quite an amazing woman and I am very happy that I met her. It was defiantly an angel sent to protect us from harm. Needless to say No we did not go to the Icebar

Tuesday
We woke up bright and early we went on the rest of our tour and went to see the Changing of the Guards. It was so rainy and miserable and they didn't even do the full out thing! We were standing for hours waiting and it was kind of disappointing. We then went shopping because we didn't know what else to do. STacy Erica and Sarah went off to see a Wax Museum (they never made it there) April, Breanne, and Emily went to the British Museum and saw items from the Parthenon. It was pretty interesting, but we were very tired! We went to the Forum Cafe and got tea. We went back to our Hotel and realized the Hostel for after Madrid was booked for the wrong date, so we had to rush and book another hostel. Which was a bed and breakfast in Gatwick. After the long day we went and got Ice Cream and watched Britain's Got Talent and fell asleep.

Wednesday
April Emily and Chelsey went off on our own adventure. We went to Kings Cross and bought all day train passes. We took Pictures by Platform 9 3/4 and were loving it. We went to Victoria's Station and saw the changing of the Guards, this time it was full out and Sunny. The weather was quite beautiful on this day. If the weather was like this the whole time. I think I would of liked London more. We walked in Hyde Park. It was so beautiful! We went to the climbing tree and I climbed to the top. We then ventured to the Princess Diana fountain and then to the Peter Pan statue. Hyde Park was so lovely. We then went to our hotel and picked up our bags and then we were off to Madrid :)

Okay bed time, Madrid Post up soon!! Pictures Will be added to this one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment