The Wandering Jew

The Wandering Jew
I am Studying Abroad in Liverpool from May 16 to July 15th, and my intent is a photo blog about the amazing sites and my teaching experiences. I am a student (Senior) at Ball State University in Muncie, IN and I am an Elementary/Special Education Major. Oh and in regards to my blog title...i'm jewish and i will be traveling and there is a plant called the wandering jew =D

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This Could be a Long One

SO I haven't written in a LONG time, So this is me catching up on everything(from that thurs to sunday)...YIKES!

Thursday May 27-Liverpool
Today we had seminar in the Conference center, we had such a great little room with brilliant light that lead into the garden. During one of our breaks we all strolled out into the garden and picked beautiful flowers, I'm not sure the native flower here but it reminds me of a hibiscus. Oh and we picked lavender that made the room smell amazing! Seminar was nice, nothing too fancy but I always feel like i should have all the answers because we're spending most of our time doing 400 things, and i've already taken the class. We'll after class we just went to emily's room and Planned for one of our various trips...i mean it was nearly 2 weeks ago, my memory has been filled with amazing things since then.


Friday May 28-Liverpool
Today we had seminar, which was slightly unexpected since we all though we had fridays free, well I guess since the whole stupid ash thing we have to make it up someway. Class is always easy and never seems to be terribly difficult or stumping. Dr. Popplewell is a great professor. After dinner I went to my room for a while to take some personal breathing time. It's not that I don't like the girls or want to be around them, but I am terribly homesick and some time alone without all the hectic-ness is always appreciated. Well after we all went to FiveWays which is a local pub. It was so nice and we all had such a great time! Some had some bad drinks but I enjoyed a Fosters and then a Rum and Coke :) I'm such a dude when it comes to my beverage choice :) We then started running and laughing back home, I laughed so hard i needed my inhaler :) Soooo Much fun!
Well then the ENTIRE (minus 2 because of illness) group-22girls(well actually 20) went to Popworld. I believe everyone had a good time. It was strange though, I felt slightly territorial over that club. That was my first night out in Liverpool and It kinda felt like my club, well idk I still had a good time. We met Freedom Frank. He was another Random man who kept telling us to be free :/ What eves freedom frank. Oh and I made a personal goal to take a picture with law enforcement for every place I visit. It's a strange goal but hey i have to have one right!

Freedom Frank and the Girls!

Saturday May 29-Liverpool
This was such a rainy day! Ughhh, well today was also the Beatles tour, which if you know me, you know I love my Beatles. Well First we walked around City Centre and had a good time, had lunch at this random place and then went to a Bug World. This is where I decided I would like a children's story from each location I visit, and a post card to be corny. I really could use children stories and would love to grab as many as I can! Well then we went to the Beatles tour pickup spot. I was quite crabby that day. Idk why, maybe the weather? The Tour was quite amazing, we saw so many different sights. Penny Lane, All their childhood times, Where John and Paul first met, Eleanor Rigby's grave, Strawberry Fields, The Cathedral in Liverpool. It was really cool to see all of that amazing history to Music! Well after we found out we were done with the tour AFTER the busses started running so a few of us went to Tesco and picked up PB&J supplies and some Beer and had our selves a fun dinner. Our British friend Paul came by and he ate his first PB&J and he liked it :) We then sat in Sarah's room and watched YouTube Videos and enjoyed ourselves immensely:)

Us at a Beatles Monument

Sunday May 30-Liverpool
Well I woke up, and felt like I needed to go run, so I got up and got dressed. Well I had just tied my shoes when Emily and Erica messaged me and asked me to go to the Liverpool Cathedral. It's the Largest In the UK and the 5th in the World. It was absolutely beautiful, I was awestruck. It was a protestant service, so it was not so fun, very similar to Catholic, but hey. It was so beautiful and I really enjoyed the service. Afterwords I made myself a PB&J and got ready to go to the Hub Festival ,which was a BMX, with Emily and April. It was quite interesting! We were on a Chav Search. Chav is the ghetto people of England. It was fun, we had a good time and I got a ton of pictures. We then walked along the water and I got some more really beautiful pictures! We then had to find our way to liverpool home, and took a couple busses and finally made it. I then took some time to myself and then a bunch of us hung out in Emily's room and we were saying goodbye for now to Paul. I got to teach him how to Salsa, he felt pretty awkward, but hey gotta spread the Latino Feva! Well soon i found myself packing for the Exciting week of London and Madrid!!!!

Us in the Cathedral with the President

Yay few, I'm gonna take a break but a new post soon....Like tonight soon (hopefully, I still have to get London, Madrid and Liverpool this week!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment